Friday, September 08, 2006

The end of a beautiful relationship

I'm tempted to sign off with "so long, & thanks for all the fish", but that's already been done....

Life came along & interrupted this blog, as my husband's heart attack happened less than 48 hours after my last entry, & threw all sorts of things into confusion. His treatment isn't yet complete, so there's still an air of limbo about the place, but H806 is finished. Although failing to complete the course was never an option, inevitably some enthusiasm evaporated & I didn't take as full a part as I would have liked in the final weeks.

I've been back though my Learning Objects, de-ampersanding them & removing the sarky comments, to polish them into a suitable form for assessment. I couldn't help but be struck by the irony of reading about e-learning's potential to bring about profound pedagogical shifts & even, perhaps, "the death of the course", whilst laying my own work on the procrustean bed of ECA criteria. Nevertheless, if I've made a good enough job of this last task, it will be gratifying to come out of 2006 with a PGCertODE(Open).

I hope all my fellow students achieve success & a sense that the frustrations have been outweighed by the sheer variety & innovativeness of the course. To a large extent, H806 was what we made it, & each of us probably made a different H806.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home